Snowdays and Painting


The problem with being self employed, is that when you don't work, you don't get paid.

So, when I wake up in the morning, and it is starting to snow, I have to make the decision whether I can go to work.

Yesterday I opted to stay home from my job at the Tibetan Shop, which closes when no one can make it into work.  I figured the price of my auto deductible is much more than what I make there, so it was a no-brainer.

 I stayed home and....PAINTED.

Today my painting student cancelled; his road had not been plowed yet.  Fortunately I had a few hours to put in another job who will take me as much as they can get me- a few hours a week, and I have one student who comes every week, no matter the weather.   Tomorrow I will not go to my studio in Rhinebeck, so I will go for a few hours tonight, pack up what I need, take care of some business, and get ready to hunker down, and work from home.

Today's painting is titled "After the Storm".

One of my 5 x 5 Oil on Canvas paintings, for  90.00.

Off to work on my website that needs to be updated badly. 


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames