Going Boho!

AH....been a long time since I have posted. Since the last time, I have further simplified my life. The elimination of fragrance and chemicals was a symbolic start to what turned out to be a further purging.

I closed my Rhinebeck studio save for 2 days a week for teaching. I realized after a year and a half of working 6 days a week, that there was no place like home, and it was financially suicidal to keep up two art studios. So my home studio is where the art and materials live, where I work and teach privately, and Rhinebeck is where I teach group classes 2 days a week.  

I am starting to enjoy my retirement - two whole years later. It took a long time to get off the manic work train. I did not even know why I felt the need to go to a job every day..it was simply habit. Get out of your pj's and report to a job.  It was my own business - but I am a tough boss.  Eighteen months later, I fired myself and reorganized.

I still work hard, but it is at my house, and though I still have to show up- the art does not make itself, the time I don't spend traveling gives me time to take care of my body and exercise each day in addition to working from home.

I wear what I want. Tibetan tops, jeans, flip flops, hoodies. I realized I am a hippie at heart, and no longer have need for the tailored or the dress up. I'm happiest when cozy and comfy...and colorful.

Financially..well I am no worse off. It brings to mind what they guy in the bike shop told me once: "you can work really hard and not make a lot of money, or you can work not so hard and not make a lot of money". And now--- I get it! Only I want to turn this thinking around to I will make "enough" to meet all of my needs.

With the fall in full swing now, I look forward to helping the garden sleep for the season, to the scent of baking in the oven again, and spending a part of most of my days making art. This is what makes my heart smile. Welcome home girl!

("The Color of Money" pastel and ink on paper. 5 x 5" available for sale unframed for 50.00. )

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames