April 24th, 2017. Field in Hurley, NY

I have changed the name of this blog - formerly Eat Man Drink Water, because Patti Gibbons Art is what I am branding my online presence with. Websites, Big Cartel site, FB business page, etc. It just makes life so much easier. However eBay will always be catskillpaper- my collecting personae!

The focus will be images of my art and photos, along with brief thoughts on art, life, and technique. I will be working on the blog trying to streamline and build a presence. Once upon a time I had one...but I have long ignored this treasure of stories and images.

I painted outside yesterday, absorbing the freshness of early spring and the earth while seated at the edge of a field, making art and connecting with a few friends.  This is an oil sketch on paper. approx 8 x 10. Rather than paint a realistic interpretation, I let the painting take me to where it wanted to go, the rawness of the earth waking up from its long winter sleep.





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames