Cape Painting




My framing blogs will continue when I’m back in the studio next week. In the mean time, I am enjoying adventures on the Cape.

Again I opted to not bring oils as the place I am staying is not conducive to oil painting, so I bought watercolors and my acrylics, although I have not used the acrylics yet. I have a small messenger type bag, that I can put in a few palettes of my Kramer watercolors, several water brushes, a few paper towels, a 6x6 watercolor pad, and a watercolor postcards. This time I bought watercolor greeting cards to paint on too. I can wear this light bag across my body, and hike for miles, plopping myself down on a bench, rock, or table, and paint the scene at hand in an instant.

I got to experience the tail end of hurricane Dorian too, the roiling ocean and wind captured on camera and paper, etched in my dna now.

I will be bringing home new ideas, new small pieces, hundreds of photographs, ready to settle in for a fall of painting and design work for my upcoming shows. More to follow on them soon. Heading out to Provincetown now...Ciao for now!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Framing: Sources for Frames