May is the month of PURPLE






I manage/mentor a group on Facebook called Art Thirteen.  It is a gathering place for   artists/thinkers/writers who post images that please or inspire them, sometimes on a daily basis, and sometimes less often. We make our own assignments, it is open ended, and the group has been a source of creativity, humor, and camraderie.  I have met up with a few of the artists there, and hope to meet a group of them this summer when we have a gathering, and look to find a venue to host a group show.  We have botanists, historians, designers, collectors, and MORE, who impart their widsom and viewpoints in a visual journal.

For 2013 I have decided to focus on a color a month. Though I can not always make art each day, I try and become intimate with that color and seek it out and depict it in any form I can manage. This month is purple.

Spring is abundant in purple, so I have no problem finding inspiration from nature.  I explore purple in my greeting cards, collages, drawings and paintings. This mini collage is a self portrait; my seeing the world thru purple.  I spent some time playing with the image, in my iPhone, in Vintage Scene, and then finally in Photoshop.  I learn something with each assignment and it is fun to focus on color, as it is one of my favorite elements of art. (can you tell I have been teaching too long?)

And as the school year ends, I look forward to immersing myself in art and paper, and writing consistently about my journey and art.  I can promise it will be quite an adventure!

Have a lovely Memorial Day, and say a prayer/meditation for those who have lost their lives to war.

patti


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames