Getting READY!!!




I have been UBER busy working a few different jobs, and painting the work for my show which opens on Saturday the 5th.  I have done the bio/artist statement, made the postcards, printed them, handed/posted/ them out, and today finished the last of the two large paintings.  It is surreal that I have created an entire new life, a very different life from the one before.  It is a lot of work, but it's joyful work!!!

The last painting gave me a really hard time, and I am hoping that it will be dry enough to be able to hang. I put it outside in the sun today, hoping that it will be ready by Tuesday morning when Nancy and I hang it.

It has been quite the interesting experience, as I had to paint 5 or 6 small paintings, and two LARGE ones for the show.  I still have to wire them, and make the price list. When I had my two other shows a few years ago, I already had the work done and just had to frame some of the pieces and do the PR work. This time I had to create at least half of the artwork for the show, and most of it was done within the last month....and even more exactly, the last three weeks.

I have secured the member's wall at the Woodstock Art Association/Museum for February. I think I will make new paintings of Spain, and challenge myself with some architecture and an even bigger canvas.  I worked on two 24 x 36" canvases for this show, which were very large for me after working on small 5 x 5" pieces.  I have two canvases in my studio that are even LARGER. The problem is, where am I going to store these pieces if they don't sell? Larry, get out your tool kit as there are two blank walls in the computer room. But I am really hoping that someone falls in love with one of them, or better yet, both.

Two paintings are part of my "teeny tiny" series. 5 x 5 and under 100.00.  They fit in little spaces that need a bit of art.  I love these!









Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames