Ready, Set, PAINT


I have a solo show opening October 5th. I am thrilled, excited, scared. This is my first show since I have left my career as a full time teacher. Will I meet people's expectations? Will I WOW them?
Will they be moved/inspired/tempted by what I have painted? Will I sell?

Are all the paintings done? Nope.  Am I going to have them done and DRY before the show?
I sure hope so! 

This has been all so new to me, and I am grateful to Nancy Donskoj at The Storefront Gallery for taking a leap of faith and asking me to show there.  She picked a few large pieces based upon their under-paintings, and I have been working at getting these two large pieces done. I have about 6 or more tiny paintings to do yet too.

The show features both drawings and paintings.

The paintings depict vistas that have been branded into my soul:  olive trees on a hill,  a Barcelona skyline at night, the delicate colors of clouds at sunset.  Hayrolls. Fields. I  relive my experience with these places during the process of painting, and make them my own little dream worlds. My escapes.

A few of my abstract pieces will also be shown, which my drawing teacher/mentor, Meredith Rosier, has termed "Mindscapes". To her I also owe a big thank you as she has taught me more than I could ever imagine about art, abstraction, and myself, and has been cheering me on for the past two years.

The show "Scapes"opens October 5th and goes thru the 26th at the Store Front Gallery, with the reception from 5-7 on the 5th (gallery link above). I hope you can make it and enjoy the world that I

This piece is almost finished - of hayfields in Kerhonkson, NY.  Someone said that they did not look like real hay rolls, rather like buttons....but if you look carefully at some of the hay rolls in the fields (I should know, I've been stalking them recently), the centers sometimes do stick out a bit like hay belly-buttons. And these hayrolls had lots of belly buttons. And it gives them character. A hayroll with panache.

Come and raise a glass to toast to my new life, my new work, and my life as an artist!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames