Junking on the Cape

I love Cape Cod- the ocean, the dunes, the hiking, the salt marsh, the food.
Wellfleet.
Provincetown.
Orleans.
Seals.
Whale watching.
Mack's Shack.
Jules Besch.
Kayaking
Boating.
And junking.

Garage sales and estate sales abound on the Cape. Even if you don't buy a thing, you get to see the inside of many an incredible (and some not so incredible) homes.

This trip's finds were not as plentiful as usual, but still for under 30.00 I got the following

Foley Food Mill 2.00 (oh all that tomato and apple sauce I will make with this)
1907 6" thick illustrated Webster dictionary 2.00 (collage heaven)
Stretcher Bars 1.00 - for the roll of canvas I will be getting from a friend
Frames 1.00 for the little watercolors I do.
2 vintage John Denver songbooks 1.00 - that is to resell on eBay
Phillips charging/speaker system for iPod/iPhone 20.00 for my studio.
Old glass slides to make "slides" with. (I use them to make ornaments) 

I can't wait to use all of this...and got my fix on my tiny budget.

Lots of antique, junk, and swap shops on the cape.  And I'll be going back in a few months to shop till I drop.

Cheerio!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames