And I am Back.....

Five glorious days with Megan and her family.

Glorious for the warmer weather, for spending quality time with my daughter and her family, the comfort of a mother taking care of her sick child, the joy of a grandmother seeing and playing with her grandchildren.  We talked, we played, we laughed, we got serious.

One thing we did NOT do is cry.  Enough tears have been shed.

I don't know who got more out of this, but I suspect each one of us took a little piece of heaven into our hearts.

Yet I wondered.
Why is it that the most growth comes from the deepest pain?
That my best writing and art comes from the darkest of places?I have to remind myself that time of great growth and beauty has also come of out light and joy.  It's just that I am more in touch with my dark side.

As I got out of the car to head into the airport, I gave Alanna a kiss goodbye.She said: "Mimi, I was thinking that I wish this could last forever".


So do I baby, so do I.  And it does, in the memory of it all.


And I will be back.


Soon.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames