Light-December 5th

Today was foggy, rainy, damp, but warm for early December.

I took the trip along the Rondout Creek, and over the old Port Ewen bridge, to visit a co-worker whom I worked with for many years. She was one of my mentors who will be most remembered for her revelation of the KIS  principle - Keep It Simple. She knew how wrapped up in detail I would get, and how it would bog me down and stress me out.  Today, when I was prepping for my adult autistic students, her words softly resounded in my head. I listened as I pulled through my drawers looking for the papers for my project. She was right. Don't give them 15 choices of paper...give them 2. It made it easier for me, and I know it was easier for them.

Shortly after retiring, she was diagnosed with Altzheimers. Like the landscape enveloped in the mist, so is her memory.  Bits and pieces of of her life come in and out of focus...always kept from being razor sharp by something that fogs her past life. To Lynn...may you be  happy...wherever you are.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames