The Season of Lights

I run an art group online on Facebook. It's a forum where people write, post their art,   photos, thoughts. It's a safe place where we celebrate creativity and diversity- no room for harsh critique. It's a brotherhood/sisterhood of sorts. It's been a few years now that some of us have connected. 

This month - in between the moments of furiously working doing shows and my other jobs, I am trying to make a snapshot/ photo each day.  My theme--The Season of Lights. Hanukkah, Christmas, and the Winter Solstice, all revolve around light.

Here are my first few days worth of photographs taken with my iPhone. Some are altered in phone apps, some have stories...
 Playing with the laser at Thanksgiving. That included shining it in the neighbors house which prompted a humerous phone call.
When my daughter left for Iraq, we lit this candle in the picture window - in the old American tradition - so that she would find her way home to us. Though she came home 10 years ago, we have left it lit. It will only be turned off when all of our deployed women and men are home safely with their families...I have a lot of bulbs....
 Photograph of an artists spot light/lamp altered in my fave app: Snapseed.
Same lamp, just altered in a fun app...for humor. Which in life, is always good to throw in from time to time. We can't take ourselves, or anything for that matter- too seriously!

And last, but not least (talking about not taking life too seriously) I was in major production making cards, and my 40 year old sewing machine seized up. I had a near melt down, and it took a bit of time and a bar of dark chocolate with sea salt,  a couple of rounds of Candy Crush Saga (ok...I admit, I play it) and a doing something creative- taking a photo of the light in the crack of the front of the machine, to cool down. Everything works out in the end.  And, the joke on me will be if two snow storms hit back to back and wreck the attendance at the show. Goes to show you how little in control of anything we are, but how we react to things.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames