100 Day Practice



Spring. A time for growth- new beginnings. It was another rough winter, and I desperately needed something to motivate me, bring people together in sharing and discussion. What better way than to do a 100-days-of-art challenge, both on my Facebook business page (Patti Gibbons Art) and on a group I manage- Art Thirteen. (click on links)

We just finished the first 20 days...with the theme of spring! Any medium fair game, open to interpretation. The  next 20-30 days will be a serious of prompts. My business page is mostly fine art, though 2 days a week you can get a "photo pass" as there ARE days that the hands on work is nearly impossible to do. The Art Thirteen page is mainly photography, but any medium is welcomed.

Most days I can carve out the time to spend what might be an hour or two on a piece. Some days I am squeezing in a photograph and spending 15 minutes making it into something other than a snapshot.   Not every piece is a winner. Some will be re-worked, some will be cut up and made into a card perhaps, some may end up in the trash. But having a daily practice brings great adventures and learning,  creates a body of work over time, and is a good exercise in creativity.

Anyone interested in joining in at any time, please hop on board. The more the merrier.

The pieces above are abstracts, started with blind/automatic drawings, and then I let the muse and the art dictate its direction. A combination of acrylic, graphite and pastel on paper. 5 x 5.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames