Life Is Short: Call Now

Life is Short: Call Now, is the title of Bruce Cockburn's new CD. I heard a cut while traveling during a rare moment of sunshine in my car with the sunroof open.In light (or dark) of all that is happening to so many of us, having friends or relatives with potentially terminal illnesses, the title really hit hard. Those who are ill not only need the phone calls, but the people who love and are dear to the dying; they need a hand or an ear to help them through the process. Pick up the phone today and call someone who is elderly, sick, or lonely. Cherish your friends and loved ones. And remember that bumper sticker that you may have seen on cars.....
"BE NICE TO YOUR CHILDREN BECAUSE THEY ARE THE ONES PICKING OUT YOUR NURSING HOME".

I have been getting into the studio, making some art, listing on eBay and Etsy, and most importantly visiting with friends all week whom I have not seen in ages. I sometimes feel guilty for not being more accessible to my dear ones, so I take an extra effort during my down time to keep in touch, lend an ear, or a hand.

I went to the surgeon for my final visit yesterday only to find out I have bursitis, tendonitis, and have healed as well as I am going to. He does not want to take out all the metal in my leg/foot as it will be another major surgery and not worth the possible complications. So I have to face the possibility of living with what I have, but I am also grateful that I don't have something that will kill me. So, I will take my glucosomine, drink my sour cherry juice (YUMMM----very healthy for your too-high in anti-oxidants and is an anti-inflammatory) and try to live without complaining too much about the discomforts I have. I should look at them as little reminders whispering "BUT YOU ARE ALIVE!".

Today's print is a cropped section of an antique photogravure that depicts Hamlet when he picks up the skull in the graveyard and says: "Alas, poor Yorick! I knew him, Horatio.A fellow of infinite jest, of most excellent fancy. He hath borne me on his back a thousand times". I am offering this on Etsy...it is a beautiful print, perhaps someone will be interested in it. Too nice to cut up and use in a card I think.

Off to clean. I have company coming soon. I have not seen my friend since her baby was born 7 months ago. So we will play. xx may there be a bit of sunshine in your life today, Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames