Thanksgiving Cards



I have abandoned my dissertation on chormolithographic prints/cards for a word about greeting cards. And, Thanksgiving.

In the early 1900's, when millions of postcards and greeting cards were being printed every day, every single holiday warrented sending a card.   Actually, people sent cards every day for any occasion back in the early 20th century.

With the advent of this virtual technology, fewer and fewer cards are sent, especially for birthdays.  We get virtual cards, wishes from our friends on Facebook, a text, or a phone call.  I only received one card in the mail this year, vs. the usual half a dozen.

I'm not complaining folks. I got more birthday wishes on Facebook that I have ever received in 10 years combined.  It made me smile.  But not sending cards is bad business for us greeting card designers, and it gets harder and harder to find our market.  

However, I won't give up.  I love antique paper.  I think I have an addiction to it. I collect, I hoard, and I create with the ones I can let go of.  So out of my collection of cards, I have made a small line of Thanksgiving cards using the very cards our grandparents or great grandparents sent at the turn of the 20th century, I have re purposed them into a new card. Stop by my PAGIBBONS etsy site to purchase if interested. They are lovely cards, some embossed, some airbrushed, most from 1906-1912 or so, and I guarantee they will put a smile on your loved one's face, and will probably show up as a decoration for many years to come. 

Support local women run business!!!! Help out the economy where it counts, in the little people's pockets,  and send a card that they won't throw away!

Patti

Comments

Tangled Stitch said…
Hooray! You go girl. Women and their work are the only way we will fix this economy! I love your cards and hope you sell them all!

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames