In Fall Swing

You know the week was busy when I only managed to finish one small piece of art this week and did not write a blog.  My week was eaten by school, meetings, private students, and a weekend conference in Albany, hosted by the NYS Teacher's Union for those teachers who service special needs students in BOCES schools across the state.  

I won't get into details here, but I learned a lot, realized how much I don't know about education law/and what's to come in the future in regards to teacher evaluations,  Special, Alternative, Career Ed and more.

Any of you who poo poo us teachers, and say---- ah, you have bankers hours and look down upon us like something less than scum (like Sarah Palin's rolling eyes) should try their hand at it before they ever open their mouth, especially in a school such as mine--- and that goes for any teacher's job.

I was inspired, enjoyed the companionship of those who have worked hard to keep the Union going.  A Union is as strong as its members...and I am at a point in my life that I am willing to stand up and support my Union.  A great editorial on Unions can be found on Michael Moores site titled Happy Fuckin' Labor Day! I don't think I need say more.

This week promises to be just as busy as last week.  Meetings, dinners, consultations, a private student, and a midweek trip to NYC to take part in the Lucie awards at Alice Tully Hall in Lincoln Center.  It is the Oscars of Photography, and the Center for Photography is receiving an award.  So after school, off to NYC with my husband, and I am sure it will be an interesting way to spend a Wednesday evening.

Last week's painting is a 6" x 6" encaustic(wax) on wood panel. I need more panels...I have used nearly all that I have.  Hope I can fit a visit to the art store in somewhere........

Patti O Worker

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames