Repose


I have not posted in a while as I have had a guest and three people involved at one point in my life died on the same day. I have been spending time celebrating their life in a way that is joyful and honors the good that they did for the world. Though I am sad for the loved ones they have left behind, I know they are at peace and without pain.

Repose is the act of resting or the state of being at rest, freedom from worry,peace of mind, calmness, and finally, tranquillity. It sounds like a good state to be in these days, with the pain that life flings to us from all sides.

I am spending much of my time seeking repose, and hopefully I will find it BEFORE leaving this earth. The women who passed found this peace in their lives through God, family,friends, and the beauty of nature. I am trying to follow a similar path, with the help of a good therapist and Al Anon.

I want to follow up more on these thoughts, but I am weary and my body needs rest.

I will be reviewing zines in my future posts from the Gleaner swap. I am amazed at the talent, vibrancy, honesty and sharing that these zines impart. They are mini works of art that have brought me joy the past few days in my rare moments of quiet and contemplation.

Till tomorrow, Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames