ANOTHER Flood...



Since I last posted, my studio has flooded twice.

Friday's flood wasn't so bad; nothing that several towels and some time couldn't clean up, though I am trying to figure out how the earthworm got in. I started getting rid of art supplies that I did not need so that I could free up some space. I spent most of yesterday afternoon organizing and packaging.

Today's downpour not only bought in water, but mud, which makes cleaning the studio even harder. I have had it with the rain, and with the poorly designed roads. The water races down a steep hill, makes a left into my neighbor's driveway which goes downhill and runs parallel to the back of my studio. The water fills up in this driveway about 6", then spills over the bank into the back of my studio. Today it bought down his mulch, and I got mud and silt into the studio.

If there were storm drains before his driveway in a few places, I suspect that most of the water could be diverted.

It could have been worse, a few houses a block from us had FEET of water in their garages, and a small trickle of a stream turned into a raging river. So instead of getting an engineer in to look at the problem, they just keep sending in Firetrucks to pump people out, as well as backhoes, and everyone stands around with stupid dumb ass looks on their face.

I don't know how to solve the problem. A 4" French drain isn't going to cut it. I don't have the money to fix this either.

The ex Assistant DA, one block away from me has a nicely paved road. I live on the same road, a block away, and I guess we are slumming it. In fact, the day his house was robbed, the neighbor across the street from me was also robbed. The police told her there was nothing they could do for her, while he made front page of the paper, and the thieves were apprehended within a day or two.


I have written a letter to the editor, and will be sending it to the local paper about "why people are leaving Kingston". I'm mad as hell and I'm not going to take it anymore!

Patti O Fighter

Comments

Unknown said…
good for you!!! that is some serious flooding!!! i hope you can get the town to help you... xox

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames