The Many Adventures of...

Shot w/Top Down facing rear
Blueberries
Who's that Girl?
Not Picking These
And these REALLY scared me!
In the past 24 hours I have been all over the Hudson Valley. An appointment in Woodstock, then a pajama party in Hyde Park with girlfriends. We ate dinner on the deck of Lois' new condo, which is not far from the Poughkeepsie Yacht Club, AND the railroad, whose trains are louder than any subway I have heard!

We watched two movies, The Golden Compass (for the most part enjoyable, but disappointing ending) and the odd, sensuous and edgy FUR, a fictionalized biography (is that like a double negative?) about Diane Arbus starring Nicole Kidman. I was going to show that in my new upcoming film class, but after watching it, I decided that I want to keep my job.

I got to bed at 2:30 am, was up by 8:15, and headed home to get ready for my hike to The End of the World (sounds like a Wim Wenders film) which is really the far end of the Peterskill creek in the Shawangunk Mountains near Mohonk and Minnewaska.

We took a circuitous route, so that we could put on some miles for a good workout, hoping that no one was there for an afternoon of nude sunbathing, but alas, there were too many people there to strip, so I did the old bra and underwear swim. I did not actually intend to go all the way in the freezing stream, but I slipped on the moss, and went careening and screaming into the frigid water!

The hike was splendid. We picked a large container of wild blueberries, saw many kinds of wild (probably poisonous) mushrooms, and grooved on being in the great outdoors.

On the way home a stop at Chef's on Fire, which is party of the Depuy Canal House in High Falls, for a beer or two, then home for a nap, dinner at Kyoto with Larry, and for desert we headed to the local carnival for a firework display with the top down on the EOS.

I have thoroughly enjoyed my 24 hours in the fabulous Hudson Valley. I SO LOVE where I live, and in the words of Dorothy: "there's no place like home"

Patti O Flyer
PS more photos on my Catskillpaper blog!

Comments

Mitch said…
Re: "Who is This Girl". Please note, that photo is of a woman NOT a girl.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames