A Quick Good Night

No photos tonight, and brief ruminations about the day.

I have much to say, but I am tired. I struggle to maintain my art, my peace, my stability.

Since I got back home, my daughter has gone into labor again, and once again, the miracles of modern medicine have stopped it. However, it is not without consequence, and she has been quite ill from the medication. She is in the hospital for at least several more days. The 900 miles that separates us is difficult.

I don't talk about it much. Her cancer, her pregnancy, her other ills. If I dwell on it I put myself into a tail spin.

I walked about the Farmer's Market today, greeting old friends. Then I came home and buried myself in my studio. I find it takes a bit of time in there before I can break out the serious work. In the meantime, I organize and make small objects d'art.

Tonight Larry and I escaped to Karen's house for a last minute party. The weather cooperated at the last moment for a gathering, complete with fireworks. I rode there with the top down, and back home, with the stars twinkling above. There is a peace to the open air which I take into the pores of my being on nights like this.

When I got home I found a note and a container of cookies from my son and my ex-mother-in-law. Snicker doodles, Larry's favorite cookies. My son lives with my ex's parents, but that story is for another time....

Gifts like these make me smile and be thankful for what I do have in life.

I also got a note that I got a blog award. I will write more about that tomorrow.
I am honored and again, I thank you all who read my musings....

Patti O Fireworks

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames