TAGGED... aka More About Moi

I have been tagged again, possibly because my readers know how I love to do these, and talk about myself. Sometimes I think this whole blog adventure is a bit narcissistic. I do a lot of talking about myself.....but perhaps the one difference is that I hope to reach others, to show the universality of joy, pain, illness, and struggle. I hope that I touch someone, make them laugh, think, or feel that they are not alone...... so here you are...a touch of hedonism....

The rules:
1. Respond and rework; answer the questions on your blog, replace one question that you dislike with a question of your invention, add one more question of your own.
2. Tag eight other people.

What is your current obsession?
Lately due to health issues, it has been what to eat, and how to keep my body and mind healthy. Avoid stress, get rest, eat right and be happy. When I am not doing that, I am putting my energy into my next body of work.

What is your weirdest obsession?
Oh I have had an obelisk obsession since I was a child. It is a Freudian thing, and I dreamed that they would come to strike me dead. It has been the basis of several art works, and the image still haunts me. I have photos/print/publications on the subject.

What are you wearing today?
at this very moment, a pair of spandex running pants, a purple t-shirt, a short hoodie sweater, and socks. That will change in a bit.

What’s for dinner?
Father's Day dinner menu is still in the process of being created. But the plan is quiche and salad for brunch, and then a once free range happy roasted chicken, blue rosemary roasted potatoes, braised swiss chard, salad. Perhaps vanilla ice cream with strawberries and whipped cream for desert.

What would you eat for your last meal?
If I knew it was my last meal, I am not sure that I would have much of an appetite. BUT I think a bottle of champagne, some kind of fabulous salad, Filet Mignon, lobster, a baked potato slathered in butter and sour cream, maybe some corn or carrots, and a fab NY cheesecake with raspberries and sauce drizzled over it. And some Gran Marnier or Drambuie for a night cap.

What’s the last thing you bought?
Larry's Father's day gift and I can't tell right now in case he reads this before I give it to him.

What are you listening to right now?
Larry sitting on the floor with Alanna, making things with her plastic block while Alanna sings.

If you could go anywhere in the world for the next hour, where would you go?
anywhere with a fabulous view as I would have my paints and a glass of wine in hand and enjoy every moment of that hour.

Which language do you want to learn?
Hmm...a toss up between Italian and French.

What do you love most about where you currently live?
The Catskills are magical, beautiful, and inspiring

What style is your current home decorated in?
it is a conglomeration of antiques and objects passed down from family,bought at yard sales, flea markets, shops, given as gifts, and also art and objects d'art made by Larry and I, and collected from others.

If you were a time traveler what era would you live in?
I like modern amenities, but I would love to live in the 1800's, at a time where travel may have been long, but not impossible - so that I could see the world before the industrial revolution hit, and we started making tourist attractions out of anything possible. Oh, and of course I would be very rich.....and travel with my paints.

What is your favorite color? THIS IS THE QUESTION THAT I CHOSE TO OMIT.

What is your favorite piece of clothing in your own wardrobe?
I have a pair of jeans that I love to paint in. I wear them out from time to time..they are a bit raggedy. Also I have a v-neck t-shirt (the one I have now) that I bought in Provincetown in the surplus store that is long, sexy, and makes the perfect companion to the painting jeans. These are my comfort clothes......

What were you doing ten years ago?
Having a continuous nervous breakdown because I had 2 out of control teens.

Describe your personal style?
definitely my own person...a mix of chic and bohemian, sexpot and slug.
Think that covers it all.

If you had $300 now, what would you spend it on?
I would put it away for my Cape Cod Vacation. I am saving every nickel and dime so that we can eat out, go on a whale watch...etc.

What are you going to do after this?
Clean a bit, maybe weed or go for a ride. Make sure that my husband has anything he wants. He has been so good to me in all my bad times, that I can't do enough for him today, and every day.

What are your favorite films?
Films that inspire deep thought, emotion, passion, and laughter. Dr. Zhivago, the English Patient, Reds. Little Miss Sunshine. Something About Mary. House of the Spirits. Oh and period pieces such as The Dutchess, Elizabeth, The Other Boleyn Girl (mostly for the visuals)

What inspires you? My friends, nature, a good brain. Adventure. Trips to a gallery or museum

what doesn't? ignorance, cruelty, anger, violence.


Your favourite books?
I love to read. The TIme Traveler's wife. Water for Elephants, A Long Way Gone, Snow Falling on Cedars, historical fiction, biographies..... art books.


Do you collect anything?
I am trying to STOP collecting. The older I get the less I want. I wish I could convert Larry on that. I did collect old illustrated books, antique paper and prints, pine cone elves and santas, bottle brush trees, and those little cardboard houses made in Japan, put out at xmas time. And art books and art supplies. But little by little I am giving away and selling, keeping only the most important pieces for now.

What makes me follow a blog? Sadly, I don't have the time to read a lot of blogs. But those I do read must be written with feeling, intelligence, humor, compassion. And I do love photos on blogs....of art or the person's life. It helps me feel more connected. I have met several amazing people through Facebook and Blogland, and I know that I will someday get to meet them in person. Interestingly enough, I don't follow any men's blogs.

What was the most enjoyable thing you did today?
Spend loving time with my granddaughter and husband, not feeling that I have to do anything but create a fabulous atmosphere filled with love for them.

And my question? What are you doing to make the world a greener place?


in accordance with Rule #2, i tag:

Dawn
Loel
Dana
Megan
Judy.

In order to fill the obligation for more people, perhaps I will post to Facebook.

OFF to decide how the day is going to play out.

:)

Patti O Weeds

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames