PISSED, REAL PISSED

I am saddened by the death of Farrah and Michael Jackson.

But I am even MORE angered by the endless streams of jokes, nasty remarks, and judgments by people's comments on Facebook about MJ. None of the comments were made by MY friends, but by some of my friend's friends.

I don't know what happened with those children Michael slept with. Many of them, including some very famous kids, said it was all just like the family bed, where nothing but sleep went on. In many third world countries, entire families sleep in one room, as many cramming on the "bed" as can fit. And I can tell you for a fact that I teach kids whose extended families and friends sleep in large beds together in all kinds of configurations.

But that is chump change to the world. They aren't someone famous and rich.

I don't know what happened, and I am not to judge. He was an abused child, and who knows what the pressures of being a child prodigy star did to his young developing mind and ego. I would venture to say it wasn't good. If he loved himself he would have never done what he did to his face/body.

Instead I look at him with sorrow, compassion, pity. I hope he finds peace in the next life or reincarnation. I hope that people stop being so self righteous and leave him alone and honor him for what good he did in the world, and not for what he was never proven guilty of. As Chaska put it, "Besides, writing ugly comments as well as reading them, spreads the ugliness.".

If if he did do it, then he will have to deal with it.
And if that family lied to extort money, they too will have to deal with their actions.

And a word for Farrah....and the Burning Bed.
I remember watching that movie with my ex-husband.
It was intense, and it upset me greatly, but it also touched me deeply as I lived that life. At then end I quietly cheered for her and felt no pity for the man who drove her to that desperation. It was one of the few times my ex said nothing, and skulked up to bed, probably pissed that I watched a movie that gave me ideas.

Thankfully I escaped with my family to start another life all over again, though not without scars.

And when I die, what will some of the rumors be said about ME on Facebook as I lay cold in the morgue? That I yelled, screamed, partied, had to make some life and gut wrenching decisions which may have hurt others, broke hearts, smashed up a few cars in recklessness, moved on when others hurt me?

Or will they remember the good things I did, the art I made, the kindness and love that I gave to all who would receive it?

I guess it depends upon who you are.

Patti O Ranter

Comments

Anonymous said…
listen, there's plenty of time before your demise - stop putting so much pressure on me to come up with good material so soon.

xoxo,
Ross
Anonymous said…
listen, there's plenty of time before your demise - stop putting so much pressure on me to come up with good material so soon.

xoxo,
Ross
Andrea said…
"In the end the love you take is equal to the love you make."--Lennon/McCartney

You have spread a lot of love, PattiCakes.
-A

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames