By the Grace of God


-19th century, author unknown. From an old Victorian Card
"by the grace of God, I am what I am".

I worked a solid 7 hours today, mounting art work, and then working on a report. I had intended to come home half a day and rest, but too much to do. Then when I got home I had to develop an mock web site for part of my end of year report, and it took me a bit since I had not used Dreamweaver in a while and left all my notes in school.

I managed to finish the project, and will have all ready for my boss by noon tomorrow.

I am glad that school is almost over. It has sapped both my energy and time. I have not written well, nor made any meaningful art. It has taken my health, and I need the two months off to recharge from having given so much for so long.

Though I am sad having to say goodbye to kids for the summer, and some for a much longer time, I am relieved. I have done my job, done it well, and I am sending them off into the world with love. This year has been made even more difficult with the illness of my co-worker, and yesterday by the death of one of my 15 year old students who went back to his district last year. I went to art school with his father, grew up with his mother, and worked for his grandmother. It was under sad circumstances....but it could be any of our kids. It could have been me. Many of us have been involved in some kind of risky behavior in our lives, and most of us survived it minimally unscathed. But there are always a few who don't, and this was one. And, not a month before, another child of someone from the small town that I grew up in, committed suicide.

So young....so sad.

I thank God for every day I get up in the morning.

And yes, by the grace of God I am what I am, and I accept and love every bit of me just the way I am meant to be.

Patti

Comments

Anonymous said…
But by the grace of God I am what I am: and his grace which was bestowed upon me was not found vain; but I labored more abundantly than they all: yet not I, but the grace of God which was with me.

1 Corinthians 15:10, American Standard Version

This was written by Paul to the church at Corinth.
-A.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames