Talbot Show and a brief commentary


My mentor and friend, Jonathan Talbot, is having an opening this Friday in Norwalk, CT at The Flow of Art Gallery on 16 River Street.

The workshops I took with him, along with doing the Artist's Way, changed my life forever.

I have much to be thankful for - his kindness, friendship, and the wisdom that he has given me over the past 8 years.

In honor of his first show in 4 years in the U.S., my friend Loel Barr and I will probably travel to the opening, arrive there after 6, and then stay the night somewhere as it is 2 hours away and I am not fond of traveling at night, especially in places I am not familiar with. Plus, I am ready for a night away with a friend.

The next day we will explore the Connecticut shoreline a bit before we head back north for some late afternoon openings in the Hudson Valley.

Please let me know if you are going to attend, as I would LOVE to meet you!

My blog last night received an interesting commentary from a Rev who basically slammed my comment on abortion and left a prayer for my evil hellish soul. At first I was going to delete them, but he does have a right to his belief, as long as it does not hurt others. And I don't believe that I am evil and going to hell, so what the heck, I let it be.

I believe in a God that is kind and would never punish a soul like me. And a reminder about the separation of church and state..because NO ONE person or groups religious beliefs (and the UNIVERSE KNOWS how many varieties there are of them)should make the laws for this country. I hope that our leaders will keep this foremost in mind.

The irony is some --and I say some-- bible-touting anti-abortionist Christians are the very same people who believe in capital punishment or killing innocent people (like the 1,000s of women, children AND men in Iraq) *reminds me of the same conversation I had w/a boyfriend...that was the night I took my "to go dinner" and left...never to return again*

Abortion is not an easy decision for most women or young girls. I have watched young girls get pregnant, have babies, neglect or abuse them, and the children are passed around from foster home to foster home. I have also seen young girls chose abortion,the decision is not made easily, yet they know that they did the right thing for the cicumstance. I have seen women raped.....and chose to abort their fetus, conceived in violence and hate. They have the right to do that without harassment....as does the person who decides to have their baby.

Again, if you don't believe in abortion, don't have one, and don't push your views on others who don't share you religious beliefs. If you chose to have that baby, make sure you can handle the new life you are about to bring into the world, cause honey, it isn't easy, and it gets harder and harder to raise a family in a society where two people have to work, just to put gas in the car, hahaha. Not so funny.

Patti O Preacher

Comments

MB Shaw said…
Oh how I wish I was close enough to attend the Talbot show. I studied with him for 4 days in 2001, days after 9/11 to be precise, in Ashland, OR. It was life changing in so many ways. As you might imagine, we were all pretty emotional and the workshop was (I am guessing) more intense than usual.
To this day I will often hear his voice in my head as I work on a piece. He is a wonderful teacher and a brilliant inspiration. You are so lucky to know him and he to know you :-)

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames