Bicycle Crash

I have had a long long day. In the midst of giving to needy teenagers, teaching art, doing reports and paperwork, and having SEVERE PMS, I had a brief moment where I laughed heartily, at someone else's expense.

I feel a bit guilty about that as I am not one to laugh at others mistakes or misery, but as you read on, I hope you will understand.

I was driving to work, trying to feel the effects of my early morning mug of coffee. I had not slept well in two nights, as I was having night sweats and bouts with insomnia.

Still feeling sluggish, I drove along the creek on a grey March day, composing a poem in my head....to the tune "What If".

Going there is too personal, but I did manage to make myself cry on the way to work.

I mentally smacked myself upside the head, and quickly rid myself of the glassy eyed mist that formed in my eyes.

As I was waiting for the light to change down the highway from where I work, a man rode along side of me on his bicycle.

He was about my age, and made no bones about it that he was checking me out, the woman in the red CRV whose makeup and lipstick were still fresh.

I could not help but notice that he stared into my car, and I looked into my rear view mirror....and saw that in his preoccupation with me he had steered himself right into a snowbank.

He did not get hurt, he did not steer into the line of cars behind me. He just sort of did a crash into the snow bank, righted the bike, and went on his way, perhaps a bit dazed.

I chuckled, my laughter rising above whatever rock and roll I was playing at the time, which was some contemporary metal/rock/rap song by Linkin Park......In the End

Things aren’t the way they were before
You wouldn’t even recognize me anymore
Not that you knew me back then
But it all comes back to me
In the end......
But in the end
It doesn’t even matter

Still chuckling,

Patti O Memory

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames