Tax Melt Down


"The best-laid plans of mice and men often go awry" (after Robert Burns)

Today was tax day. I was prepared to spend hours getting both my income and my NYS sales tax together, or at least doing a huge chunk of it.

Instead I spent hours on Paypal, on their help line, trying to get my accounts printed up. It did not work, and finally, after much exasperation, the tech on the other end said "we can send you a CD with all of the data on it as we are experiencing system problems, and it will take one to two weeks".

I exploded. WHAT I SAID? ONE OR TWO WEEKS? YOU SHOULD OVERNIGHT IT TO ME IF YOU ARE HAVING PROBLEMS AND CAN'T PROVIDE YOUR CUSTOMERS WITH THEIR BUSINESS LOGS!!!.

Of course, the answer was always the same, all we can do it burn it to a disc and it will take 1-2 weeks to reach you.

I threatened reporting them to the Better Business Bureau, Consumer Fraud. It did not matter.

I lost it. I wanted to throw the phone, but since I bought the fancy headset online, I did not want to do that. I was out of my mind, so I went upstairs, slammed the door really hard (that felt good) and had a good cry.

BUT in an AHA moment, I discovered that I could get the downloads if I used any other browser, other than AOL. Another reason NOT to use AOL people.

But guess what, I could be nice and tell them how to solve their own problems, and forget the CD, but I didn't. It took me long enough to get a rep, and I will leave them to their own stupidity. I guess there might be others who are having the same problem, but I solve enough of the world's problems, and I'm not going to solve this one.

I think I will indeed contact the business agencies however, since PAYPAL's solution was totally unacceptable for the fees I pay, AND it is pretty pathetic that I eventually figured it out and they never did.

I don't even know if I have artwork that suits the mood I felt, so to relieve the stress, frustration, and anger, I use humor, and here is a 50's card from a deck of playing cards I am selling on Etsy.

Better go chill out my hormones with a movie or a book.

Patti O Rage

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames