It's About Time


It's about time

I wrote this blog
I cleaned my house
I paid my bills
I got a massage
I went to the doctor
I started cooking dinner
I watched another movie

I am choosing only a few from the list for the evening, and that is first blogging, then starting dinner before my stomach consumes itself, and maybe, if I get lucky, another movie, and maybe Larry will get lucky.......and watch another movie. (Tidelands was disturbing and intense, though good, and Memoirs of a Geisha was a full of nice visuals and a good score by John Williams)

I have been silent due to trying to recover from doing my taxes. I pay the state (in NY, no big surprise there)and I get a few grand back from the feds, but I wont' tell you how much they kept of my money....and I get chills thinking about what my money is being spent on.

And, while I BRIEFLY touch upon politics, here is a link to an essay written by Pulitzer Prize winner Alice Walker, and her thoughts on the state of the elections, found on CommonDreams.org. Beautifully written and thought provoking. Obama has my vote.

And I want to take a brief moment to recognize my father for having raised me to neither shun nor hate any race nor religion...hate is a concept that I don't understand. Dad, though you may have f-d up a lot, you got this one right, and there isn't a day that goes by that I don't admire you for it.

So off to make dinner, I have plenty more to say down the road, but I have to keep my tiny family fed here, and after all, Larry did make me the most awesome martini, even though it has the juice of half a lemon.

Mwah, Patti O Pucker

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames