More Lessons Learned


A big part of my life recently has been learning about what I DON'T want to do in or with my life.

For example, as I have discussed, I don't want to be a graphic designer. I will design cards for friends, and use Photoshop, Illustrator, and In Design for my own needs and as necessary in the classroom, but unless you are really a good friend of mine or have something wonderful to trade, no go baby.

I have also lost all desire to continue my education to get my doctorate. I was encouraged by a few people, but for what end? I have no desire to go back to school and give up huge chunks of my life for another degree. I would rather take the classes I like, learn about what I am interested in, and leave it at that. I am SURE that a doctorate will involve classes that I will not like, much like some of my undergraduate and graduate classes. I want to get a PP degree..Patti's Passions degree, dictated only by my interests and curiosities.

One of the classes I am dying to take is to take a class offered by the National Weather Service to be one of those people who measure wind, rain amounts, snowfalls, etc. I know in my past life I was a meteorologist, and have a desire to get back in touch with that small obsession that I have. Plus, perhaps I could win the pot in the school snow pool for the first snow day, hahaha.

I am also struggling with my greeting card business and fine art work. The more I learn, the more I think I don't have the time to design a body of work for shows and cards. Even if I get into licensing, I need to be producing continuously, not just come up with a winning design or two. For now I am satisfied with designing for the few clients I have making one of a kind cards, and entering a show here and there that piques my interest. I can only do what I can do, and I can't live up to the pressure that I put upon myself anymore.

Perhaps things will change when I retire, or when the next universal shift occurs. Life has a funny way of throwing curve balls at you. What was once an option becomes a necessity, or the other way around.

I keep my eyes, heart, and mind open, go with the ebb and flow of life, and learn the lesson that exists in each and every day that I live.

And it is all good.

Patti O Wisdom

PS another photo shot from my car while driving.....one of my fave things to do

Comments

Patti o'perfect post!

You are smart not to get that fancy degree...
You need REST!

How cool that you have interest in weather!
I admire that!

I love science, so the geek in me is waving to the weather geek in you!!!

If you get mail on Saturdays, I am expecting you to get an envelope from me today!
I mailed it Wednesday.

I am going to read more of your blog now---

Amber

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames