We're Only In It for the Money


We're Only in it for the Money: A Group Show. Artists examine the current fiscal crisis.

Larry picked up the show invites that have been dropped off around town for the show that I am in. The show was by invitation, and I have two of my off-color sassy pieces in it, which I posted on my Catskillpaper blog a while back. I have picked out fabulous frames and I will float the money collaged 1800's photographs onto a mat.

People wonder why art is expensive. The frames alone were 20-28.00 without glass and my time to frame it. Even though I hate it, I am grateful that a good friend taught me how to frame years ago. I can't afford to have it done. Most artists can't. I can't charge more than 100.00 for either piece, as set by the gallery. I could go the cheap route in framing, but I always frame keeping in mind that I want to be proud to hang it in my home, or give as a gift, so I do my best to present the artwork to the world.

It promises to be a fun and diverse show. The interesting thing about shows like this is to see how other artist's interpret the same theme.

I have a piece done for the ASK show too. It is really cool. I tried to photograph it, but that will have to wait until I can take it in daylight without a flash.

I must go. Most of the day was spent shopping, preparing the rooms for Megan and the children. They have been cleaned, primped, new art put upon the walls. I have one more bed to remake, and then at last I can collapse upon a pre-heated bed. My cramps are killing me, as well as my back, and tomorrow I have to work and drive to Newark and back.

Tonight's music that I am enamoured with is Avvon d'Bishmaiyaby Epiphany Project. It is sung in either Aramaic or Armenian, and is The Lord's Prayer. It is one of the most moving spiritual pieces that I have heard, along with Thich Nhat Khan's The End of Suffering. Take a moment and listen to clips from all their songs on this CD. They are amazing. We went to hear them live the other night in Woodstock in a very intimate atmosphere at the Colony Cafe. We were about 10 feet from the stage, and taken to another place with this duo and friends.

Patti

Comments

annie kelleher said…
aw, i do hope you feel better! i hope you have a wonderful show... not to mention a great visit with your daughter and grandkids... hte invitations are great! :)

Popular Posts