How I Started the New Year


A big difference from a year ago last night. Last year on New Year's Eve I was dancing the night away to great dance music in tight black leather pants and a velvet bodice.

This year I was bundled up in loose comfy almost pajama-like velvets at that same friend's house that had the dance party last year, and was miserable as I had the most awful of stomach aches. A few bottles of champagne sat in front of me and I could not bear to think about drinking. Something was not right.

We left before midnight, and in between my moans we kissed in the car when 12:00 struck on the digital clock in my trusty Honda.

When we got home, I grabbed the heating pad, and Larry and I made the best of the evening, considering I was sick for hours. Food poisoning? Too many cookies? Pork?

I awoke to another 4-6" of snow. We had 2 parties to go to. Somewhere around 3PM we dug out and went to celebrate the New Year. I was a bit tenuous when it came to eating and drinking, but I slowly eased myself back into the world of fabulous libations and food orgies.

And friends. Lots of very cool friends.

Though my start was a bit rough, I ended the New Year with a smile. I have a lot to be thankful for, and I want to thank you my readers. I sit here almost every night and write from my heart, and though I don't know all of you, I have met some of you, and your kind words (OK and sometimes not so kind, but we need that input too) keep me smiling.

I hope that your New Year was blessed, and if you had a rough day, I send you a hug. If you didn't, I send you a hug anyway!

Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames