Cancelling my Myspace Account


I came home from a very difficult work week, and headed straight to bed. Not out of depression and frustration, but out of pure exhaustion. A majority of the staff and students were sick all week from the flu, and I felt that my body was telling me something that I was going to listen to. I slept for a few hours, and woke up to CNN which I had put on for some news before I fell asleep, also hoping that some of it would seep in while I was in the zone.

I woke up to the story of the cartoon published in the NY Post on Wednesday, depicting police shooting a gorilla/monkey in regards to the stimulus bill. An excellent article about this is on the Huffington Post which will save me a lot of typing, so if you are interested, give it a read.

I believe in Freedom of Speech, but not when it promotes hatred, violence, bigotry, racism etc. The Post could have saved a BIT of face by issuing a forthright apology, but instead issued one that I found INSULTING. And further more, I think that they must think Americans STUPID to buy their excuse that the ape represented the chimp that was shot. They knew full well what they were doing.

The Post is owned by Rupert Murdoch and when I googled what else he owned I came up with a list of holdings by News Corporation.And included in those holdings are many TV shows that you may or may not watch. Well, I am going to try and be vigilant and boycott what I can. And, I have cancelled my MYSPACE account. It was garbage anyway.

The only thing that might make this right is a full apology, admittance to wrongdoing and racism, and take the editors, and whomever let this happen (I cannot blame the artist in full, as his editors could have said NO, and trashed the project)and reward them with cleaning the toilets of inner city jail cells for eternity.

Remember to do what you can in the world, even by doing one simple thing. There is power in numbers, and if people banded together, we could change the world. We already have.

Patti O Soap Box.

Comments

Judy Vars said…
Patti,
You have made so many interesting upgrades to your blog. I don't even have a clue how to go about it. The FOX empire just feeds on our (not me) salacious and stupid natures. Just don't read or watch. I boycotted all in the Family, The Simpsons, the Family Guy and FOX TV years ago...

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames