The Church Part II


After last night's blog, I don't want you, my readers, to think that I am totally soured on religion. Instead, think of me as one who has been able to throw off the cloak of guilt and of the fear of eternal damnation for my sins, to receive a loving and kind God.

I grew up in a time where anything I did was going to put me in hell. Patent leather shoes, french kissing, thinking of sex, and such things that I can't get into here. (remember the big brother of education might be reading this blog) I was married for the first time in the Catholic church, and then got a divorce after #1 represented a severe threat to our lives...according to my current therapist. He was right, and I knew I had to leave.

I met #2, who was a good man, but emotionally bankrupt, and then finally met #3, who is the man I plan to spend the rest of my life with...in sickness and in health, through thick and thin. I am sad that my mother would not come to my second wedding because I did not get married in the church, but I refused to spend money we could not afford on an annulment. I knew in my heart I had already been to hell and back with #1, and that God had finally gifted me with a man who to this day, loves me unconditionally.

Though it has taken me a long time to be able to say the word GOD, I am able to embrace him/her, and believe that I am a part of the divine love of God, and am honored that I have learned to live with love. I am no longer bitter about the physical and mental harm that others have caused me in the name of religion, and I now see how mankind can manipulate the word of God to fit their own needs.

So my dear friends, may the peace and love of God/Allah/Jehovah/YHWH/Buddha be with you today and forever. It is such a wonderful thing to be filled with and practice love from the divine.

PS HOT NEWS ALERT...rumor has it that there is an event tomorrow night at the Center for Photography, where Larry works, featuring the McCourt brothers...all 3 of them. Frank, Malachy, and Alphie. I know they will be at the Bearsville Theater in Bearsville, outside of Woodstock, on the 15th..reading from their books and doing a book signing....but I hope I can catch them at the Center..which is much less publicized.....I have read all of Frank McCourt's books; Angela's Ashes, Tis, and Teacher Man. If I get more info, I will publish it here.

Comments

Judy Vars said…
I understood last nights rant for what it was. Good blesses all of us eventually. (smiles) I would like to meet those McCourt brothers. I read Angelas Ashes it was very, very good. Something to remember when I'm feeling sorry for myself. My dad said we are Shanty Irish although my Grandmother said I was the dukes blend.
Unknown said…
i wasn't offended either and i would never have thought you were saying you ditched god all togehter - you just ditched the unhealthy side. good for you and i am so happy you have found happiness with larry!! you deserve it and you look so happy in your pic! happy valentines!!!
Anonymous said…
OH! I love them- the brothers. Please let me know if they will b around past sunday!

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames