Brief Editorial

When I sign onto my AOL on occasion, I read some of the headlines. Now I have to say, after looking at the polls they create, and reading the comments left by some of the people, a little voice in the back of my head squeaks "AOL=assholes on line". Now I happen to be one of them, so I as I mock it I realize that I am part of the continuum, only far to one end. There is a lot of ignorance sported on the online community.

I read the latest polls which gave Obama "F"s for his policies. Though I took the poll and gave him a B, I certainly think it is far too early to give him an F. How many weeks has he been in office? If McCain were in, do we REALLY think that he would be able to pull an instant recovery out of his hat?

I admit, I am not totally comfortable with this stimulus package. I fear that without strict guidelines and control, it will be mismanaged and disappear just like 1/2 of my retirement fund has. But I am still willing to give him a chance to see what happens. I am not ready to call it a failure yet.

I see how mismanaged our small city government is. Giving them more money for highway projects and such provides me with images of even more men standing around taking 4x longer than it is should to fill a hole in a road, and do in half-assed. Great, more money to do the same pathetically shitty job.

Maybe I am simplifying it too much, or missing the point, but I fear more of the same, only more so.

Obama's words still ring true to me. Each one of us must take responsibility as Americans to helping heal the earth, find peace, help one another, and work together to find solutions, not find another way to sling mud at one another.

Patti O Commentary.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames