The Green Goddess


As I type, I am listening to Peter Gabriel's song DIGGING IN THE DIRT. The lyrics hit a chord that twists me heart a bit. (said with an Irish accent)

Something in me, dark and sticky
All the time its getting strong
No way of dealing with this feeling
Cant go on like this too long....

Digging in the dirt
Stay with me, I need support
I'm digging in the dirt
To find the places I got hurt
Open up the places I got hurt

The more I look, the more I find
As I close on in, I get so blind
I feel it in my head, I feel it in my toes
I feel it in my sex, that's the place it goes

I wonder if he's in therapy?

Yes I have been digging in the dirt, but to plant things to be worthy of the Green Goddess. Lettuce, arugula, spinach, cilantro, parsley, basil, rosemary, peas. I am awaiting the delivery of my tomato and pepper plants, and then the garden will be complete for now, until I get the next bed tilled and planted. Since I have been sick, I have had very little energy, but I want to get my nasturtiums planted---if I get up early enough tomorrow morning, perhaps I can stick those large caper sized seeds around the edges of my one bed before it rains. I envision the flowers tumbling over the edges of the raised beds, providing me with peppery flowers to compliment the arugula while giving a cheery boost of warm sunshiny color to offset the green.

I am addicted to Larry's homemade Green Goddess recipe. Here it is as I have promised...yumm

1- 1 1/4 cups mayo (can't help it - I am a Hellman's worshipper)
1/2 cup sour cream or sour 1/2 and 1/2
1 1/2 tbs. snipped fresh parsly
1/4 cup minced green onions with tops
2 tbsp lemon juice or tarragon or wine vinegar (I love lemon juice)
1/2 clove garlic, minced
1/2 tsp salt (optional and I used the organic salt/garlic/parsley mix)
dash ground pepper

I have a mini hand blender to whisk all together. Let sit and chill.....makes about 2 cups. Great on salad, great on spinach dusted green rice from the local Afghani restaurant, great with raw veggies.

YUMMM....digging in the dirt brings out the green goddess in me. Bring up the old gives birth to the new. It's all good.

patti o gardener

A mixed media collage I did a bit back titled "Food for Thought" about the bio engineering of our food.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames