The Lessons I am Learning



It is too late to get into detail, but I have discovered some of the lessons that were to be learned from my illness. The main lesson is that I was deceiving myself by thinking I was living a healthy life. In some ways I was, as compared to many, but I was putting too many things into my body.

The doctor told me NO DAIRY for now, but I have also taken myself off gluten.

I had the energy to take myself shopping so that I can eat various things during the week at school and at home. It turns out my new diet is also very expensive, but you can't put a price on health, now can you?

I have also bought a juicer and made my first glass of organic fresh juiced greens, fruits, and veggies this afternoon. My intention is to start my day off with a glass rather than with coffee. Todays breakfast was an iced green tea with a strange little gluten free muffin, sweetened with --- of all things, VALENCIA ORANGES!So far that and my dinner of Artic Char, salad and grilled zuccini are staying quietly in my body. At least for now.

So I am off to get ready for bed and for my first day back to work in a week. I think now I can face the challenges of the students. There are going to be a lot of questions tomorrow....

Patti O Healing

PHOTOS: Salad I made with 3 kinds of lettuce, arugula, spinach, baby peas, cilantro and parsley, all laid out nicely in a bowl made by my friend, Rhinebeck artist KIP EGGERT. See also his spot on Martha Stewart! Kip can be found at the Rhinebeck Farmer's market on Sundays selling wine, flowers, and such. I bought the bowl for Larry one Xmas which has a place of honor on his desk, but I snuck it out for a photo shoot filled with dry clean salad for the blog. Sorry Larry.

Comments

Judy Vars said…
Happy to hear that you are on the mend and rebuilding your body with good food. I was told that hot liquid satisfies the bodys need for coffee first thing in the morning. I sometimes have hot lemon juice and ginger.
Unknown said…
im so glad to hear your woes are resolving@!!! the right foods do make a difference!!!! nourish yourself with love... xox... annie

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames