What's with the Leaves?


Larry was appalled when I told him that I photograph while driving. He told me it was dangerous, and I looked at him like he was even crazy for questioning it. Heck, I can take pictures AND put on lipstick at the same time Larry!

Here are a few photos of my ride to work the other day. I realized it had been a while since I had taken the camera out, and I wanted to immortalize the leaves still being on the trees in mid-November.

What is up with that? Here it is, past mid-November, and some of the trees are just turning, many still have their colorful yellow and red leaves, while others stand buck naked among them.

I can only guess that this strange weather has confused the shit out of the trees, as it has us, though I can't say that I don't mind the show of color for the past month and a half.

Larry raked some of the leaves, but he was reluctant to do the entire yard as there are still huge maples behind us that are tenaciously holding onto their leaves. The city has already been by to pick up the leaves; I hope they return because they only got what came down from a few trees....we have much left to rake...

I wonder what it would be like to ski with the leaves still on the trees. At this rate, I might get to witness that.

Off to read a magazine, a rare occasion for me, and then sink into my warm bed. Till tomorrow, xxpatti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames