A Little Louder Sir....

I’ve been trying this new technique with the phone solicitations that I constantly get these days. I am on the no call list, but certain organizations seem to be above that , ie: the Police Benevolent Asso., the Sherrif’s Dept., Drug Dog Fund, the Fire Dept etc. Oh, and various political and medical organizations.

Over the years I have donated to many of these folks, but I think somewhere along the line my name was sold to various organizations as a person who is a donor, and I am besieged with calls. And, have you ever noticed, that if you make a donation based upon a phone call or a mailing, that within a few months they are asking for money AGAIN?

However, I have a new technique which seems to have quieted things down a bit.

When the phone rings and I hear “how are you doing today?“ I tell them that I am really shitty and give them the worse scenario of the week. After all, they asked, didn’t they?! If that isn’t enough and they STILL ask for a donation, I tell them about my daughter and give them HER website for making a donation themselves . I ask them if they have any techniques they would like to share with me for raising money. By this time I have been thanked, cut off, or hung up on. If they still send me information, I put a MEGANAID card in the envelope and mail it off.

I feel a bit guilty saying all of this under the circumstances that I am having to raise money for my daughter. I promise that I am not mean, but I have JUST HAD ENOUGH of these dinner time calls from organizations I never hear of except when they ask for money!

I did get in the studio today to make a few cards (one for toight's blog) and visited Rob's open house in Marlboro. I am making a special present for my many friends for Valentine's Day...which has taken me hours to do, but it is with joy that I make them a gift.

I talked to Megan, some not so great news. I'll save that for her blog. (Meganaid)

Off to finish my gifties, Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames