Love Song


"In the room the women come and go
Talking of Michelangelo.
And indeed there will be time
To wonder, “Do I dare?” and, “Do I dare?”
Time to turn back and descend the stair"

That is a small portion of verse from T.S. Elliot's infamous Love Song of J. Alfred Prufrock, a sad poem of despair, a solitary lonely man's failure to be able to reach out for and embrace love.

The title of this mixed media work is indeed LOVE SONG, and the text is included at the bottom of the piece, but since you cannot read it, I cropped it for here. It is a bizarre piece, features antique prints, an antique image of a sculpture by Michelangelo, an audience in the wings...static, distant from the figures in the foreground. The figures are dogs dressed as women. I don't even know why I chose that piece for tonight. Perhaps it is because I have been sick for days, and after last night's speech (which was most difficult for me to give) and being stuck inside the house all weekend for the most part made me feel rather morose. And, besides, who wants to give lovin' to a sick girl?

The little ray of sunshine today was my cousin stopping by and calling me from my fave restaurant wanting to know what I wanted for lunch. He came over with sushi and sashimi, and we had a lovely time and it was a good diversion from the day. THANKS JIM!!!!

I have so much to say, but no energy, so I am calling it quits.

I still however, have the images of the past few nights of dreams on my mind. I have been traveling in small boats, upon streams that range from smooth to dangerous white waters and waterfalls. The boat symbolizes our travels in life, and water is a universal symbol for emotions. So I am traveling in both smooth and rough areas in my life...no surprise there. The interesting part of the dream was that I was in control of the boat...and Larry was trying to pile stuff in the boat and I was throwing it out. Very very interesting. What a reflection on my subconsious!

Well off to bed early. I need to be able to teach tomorrow. I barely have energy to walk upstairs!!!!! To healing! Patti

Comments

Judy Vars said…
Patti,
I adore checking in on you before I go to bed, reading your thoughts. Your art and poetry are perfect for tonight...so bizarre, so bizarre...
Keep dreaming and caring you are very loved!
Sincerely
Judy V.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames