Still Crunching Numbers

Oh how I wish it was a week ago, when I spotted the seedlings, limp, but alive, of my larkspur in my side garden. I let my gardens determine their own fate..I figure it is survival of the fittest. This side garden seems to love dill and larkspur, and I have decided not to do battle with it, other than put in some lettuce plants next month amidst the flowers and herbs. Perhaps they will give shade and keep the lettuce cool and give it a longer growing season....

This photo is my dried yarrow against the snow. It also could be sky....depending upon how you look at it. I did not use a flash and let the fading evening light color it a cool blue......such a beautiful color, with a little help from Photoshop of course. My yarrow also grows wild throughout my cottage style gardens. They are hardy and provide color and cut flowers summer through fall.

I have not left the house in three days except for two very short trips. Sometimes I just hole myself in for long periods of time, and when I am tired of being alone, I go out on a social spree. I am such a moody person sometimes. No one really cares I suppose, except Larry..who probably wonders what planet I was evicted from.

I got my sales tax done, and a good chunk of my income tax. It looks like I will break my own record folks.. I will file on time. John, my tax man, better have something better than coffee waiting for me when I come in.

I finished The Kite Runner last night, and one of the best lines of the book was at the very end. It made me think deeply about forgiveness..... and the two men in my life who hurt me horribly. I sometimes wonder how I survived the first 25 years of my life...but time and experience heals all wounds..and as Hosseini wrote: "...I wondered if that was how fogiveness budded, not with the fanfare of epiphany, but with pain gathering its things, packing up, and slipping away unannounced in the middle of the night. "

It was on that thought I drifted into the journeys of my dreams.........

patti


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames