WYSIWYG

Don't take my silence as anything else but a busy life. I have kept my life full this past weekend, catching up on shopping and chores that needed to be done, as next weekend I will be taking a two day oil painting/pastel workshop with Christie Scheele at the Woodstock Artist Association. A landscape artist, she evokes such mystique in her work; beauty with a dark edge. I am looking forward to this entire hedinous weekend of art, though I always get a little fearful and full of self-doubt right before I do such things.

I had to go out and buy a few supplies for the show. The few supplies cost me over 100.00. A half dozen tubes of paint, a palette, gesso. I have prep work to do, which includes 3 coats of gesson on my canvases/boards, and more supplies that I have to purchase. When I do these workshops, I am determined to make at least a piece or two that I can sell to cover the cost. It is the only way I can cover the cost of the workshops and materials. However, some things that you walk away with from a weekend of pure art are priceless.

I hired my friend Phil for several hours to save this computer. It only has less than a 20 gig harddrive, (all my art and music files are on another drive), and AOL has totally JAMMED up my C drive. Let that be a lesson to you folks. AOL puts on files and programs etc. which eat vast amounts of one's hard drive, especially when yours is not too large.

So, for you non web designers, WYSISYG stands for "what you see is what you get" which refers to the web designer being able to see what he/she is doing instantaneously. It is more complicated than that, but you get the idea....In the old days you would have to hand code the website with html, but now there are programs that put the code in there, and you can see what you are doing as you do it. BUT, as I have found out, it REALLY HELPS TO KNOW HTML. There is a course in the spring on html, guess I am going to take it.

Oh, and I am indeed a WYSIWYG kind of gal. As an old Victorian card says (and it hangs above my work table) "by the grace of God, I am what I am." (said with a Scarlet O'Hara accent).

Off to try and fix some coding problems...sigh, patti o writer (in the tune of paperback writer....Beatles for you young uns.)

"It's a thousand pages, give or take a few
I'll be writing more in a week or two
I can make it longer if you like the style
I can change it round and I want to be a paperback writer"

Comments

Judy Vars said…
Hi Patti O Writer
Enjoy your painting weekend, I look foreward to seeing some creations, oils and pastels are so beautiful. I never gesso my canvasas, please tell me more.
Judy
p.s. loved the glimpse of your kitchen.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames