The Holiday Edition of Getting to Know You

My friend forwarded me the 2006 Holiday edition of "Getting to Know You". Normally I delete forwards, and don't do chains or such, but I always LOVE to read and answer various questions and send them back to my friends. So, in keeping with my habit, I answered this one and sent it into the world. Thought I would include it here so you too can know more about me. Feel free to fill it out and send it onto my blog too! I LOVE learning things about people!

1. Egg Nog or Hot Chocolate? Hot Cocoa-homemade of course
2. Does Santa wrap presents or just sit them under the tree? Wraps
3. Colored lights on tree/house or white? WHITE ONLY
4. Do you hang mistletoe? I hang it around my waist
5. When do you put your decorations up? after Thanksgiving--usually Larry's job cause I am busy making things for shows.
6. What is your favourite holiday dish (excluding dessert)? PLEASE--I can't just pick ONE. Ok all the snacks I eat BEFORE the dinner, especially pickled herring
9.Favourite Holiday memory as a child. Driving around the neighborhoods in Long Island looking at how everyone else decorated their house,then going home and staring out my window for hours looking for Santa.
8. When and how did you learn the truth about Santa? I never wanted to know the truth. I was in denial for years. Then I married Santa.
9. Do you open a gift on Christmas Eve? sometimes--it depends upon where I am etc.
10. How do you decorate your Christmas tree? I have antique glass bead garland, a nice collection of ornaments including metal and glass icicles and white lights
11. Snow! Love it or Dread it? Love it unless I have to fly somewhere
12. Can you ice skate? Yes, not well, but with this ankle I doubt I will ever do it again.
13. Do you remember your favourite gift? my engagement ring from #2 (Santa)
14. What's the most important thing about the Holidays for you? Friends and family and lots of partying
15. What is your favourite Holiday Dessert? Chocolate Cream Pie
16. What is your favourite holiday tradition? Recently---Larry makes Glugg and we drink it for as long as it lasts.
17. What tops your tree? Well, I have a disco ball topper from the 60's but Larry doesn't like it so there is this angel thing.
18. Which do you prefer giving or receiving? I love them both. Sorry
19. What is your favourite Christmas Song? Walking Round in Women's Underwear.....
HO HO HO

Tonite's card is a remake of an 1800s card. In photoshop I remade the background and put the santa back in, decorated the snow with glitter and mounted it on cardstock and some of them have a very delicate MERRY CHRISTMAS sticker on it. I love this card. Of course, it can be found on Ebay or Etsy, links to the right.

Off to make some tuna. It is LATE and I have not eaten a thing and I am HUNGRY!

hohoho Mrs. Claus

Comments

I loved reading this!
I will send mine to you later... do you want me to email it, or post it to your blog?

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames