Till the Cows Come Home

I spent much of the early part of the day working on the Internet. I broke away around 2:00 pm to pick up a flyer for some plays that my students might enjoy down at ASK, and headed to buy my son some clothes for his birthday.

On the way back, I stopped at a few places along the road, and ventured down a few small lanes that I have never traveled.

One stop on the highway overlooked a farm that is sandwiched between Sawkill road and the New York State Thruway. I stood at the side of the road, almost in the lane, talking to the bulls in the field. It was funny how as soon as they saw me, they all turned towards me and stared.

When I was in Ireland I took a hike along a back road, where the cows and bulls were grazing freely- no barbed wire or electric fence to keep them in. I remember being fearful that they would charge me and do unspeakable things to me with their horns and hooves. I survived, and today's bulls were unable to even get near me, so I teased them a bit with a beckoning call, and some conversation.

I think they were staring at me thinking "who the hell is this nut, talking to us and standing very close to traffic, and almost touching the electric fence?"

I took quite a few photographs, headed down a dead end lane that had a bunch of highway trucks at the end, and fields of uncut brown corn stalks.

However, when I got home, and was organizing my photographs (the unending task of a digital photographer) I accidently deleted all but 2 photos :(

So here are my cows.

And for a piece of trivia in regards to the title of this blog, here is a quote from Groucho Marx: "I could dance with you till the cows come home. Better still, I'll dance with the cows and you come home."

To the cows, patti

Comments

Unknown said…
there's a dairy farm around the corner from us... one thing my hubby and i love to do to the eternal mortification of our offspring is to walk over every spring, and moo at the calves!!!
Judy Vars said…
moooooooM0000ooooo0000 thats so funny the kind of thing I do when no one is looking.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames