TRIVIA!!!

As some of you may have noticed, I did not blog last night. I worked till 7:30, and then headed to my first "Trivia Night" at the Skytop. I got home after 10:30, and figured I had better spend some times with my husband after having spent two hours at a bar with three SMART younger men...playing a game. He had been too tired to go, so off I went on an adventure. I had a dream about playing in a trivia game a night before, so I knew I HAD to check it out.

I am a trivia nut. I don't know as much as many trivia nuts know, but I love the challenge. I watched Quiz Bowl as a kid and was an alternate on the high school Quiz Team. I loved it. Then when Trivial Pursuit came out, I was in my GLORY. What memories of Trivial Pursuit parties I have! Some vicious games too!

I arrived at the bar, and no one who was supposed to show up did. I am a woman of my word. If I say I am going to be at an event, I show up. So I sat at the bar for a while, sipping on my beer, and wondering if I was going to stay. I had no team. I was also a bit lonely --it has been a LONG time since I been in that situation. I found myself staring off into space wondering..."what now"?

Fortunately I knew someone, who had only one member, and then we invited another guy who was alone to join us, and before we knew it we were one point away from being the top team. We took second place, got a prize, and went home smiling.

I have to say, I was pretty impressed with my team members. I learned never to judge people by what they do either. A food/scuba vendor, a construction guy, and an insurance rep, all really smart!!!!!

I look forward to going again perhaps next week if I have the energy after flying around from New York to Atlanta to Tennessee and back.

It was fun being back in high school, or at least that is what it felt like!

Tonight's collage was done digitally, but it will also be an actual collage when I find just one more image for it. I need a plane or a car, of the correct era to go with the dates and story of the other pieces.

Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames