Dawn over Angel Island



Last night we went into Sausalito to Tommy Wok’s for dinner. We had fabulous spiced beans and salmon, and veggies in a light garlic sauce. I had a cosmo to usher in my vacation (on the plane I had a Bloody Mary, hoping to get a little sleepy for the long trip, but it did not work). I was too tired to walk to do much more, and I crashed after blogging.

I awoke this morning to the trill of the first bird to break the silence of the evening, and for the first time in a long time, I watched the sun rise. It rose over Angel Island, shooting gold against the pale blue sky through a few stray clouds. The Coast Guard boat was still docked not far from the balcony, guarding the harbor. Lights slowly pierced the early morning like little beacons dotting the houses on the hillside. San Francisco lay under a soft lavender pink haze.

Of course the batteries in my camera died; so I only got a photo or two of that splendid sight. So, the first stop this morning will be coffee and batteries. .

My morning has been leisurely, sipping green tea, listening to mellow music, writing here on my laptop. I realize I could easily become used to this, and now understand why Bardet lives here, while still keeping a house in the Hudson Valley.

I feel full of light and peace. I have not felt that in a long time.

I want to use this respite to evaluate my life, to heal, to focus on what I want and how I will go about obtaining it. I also know that because my life is so fast paced and I am a driven person, I need to take vacations more often so that I don’t crash and burn like I just did.

For the first time in my life I also did not have any travel anxiety. Perhaps it was because I so desperately needed to get away, and preservation of self outweighed old habits. Whatever it was, I hope it is gone forever, that I have beat that old demon which has haunted me since my trauma in childhood. It will free me to do a lot more.

Off to meet the day. Patti

Photos; sunrise over Angel Island, beautiful flowers along today’s walk, and Bardet and I at Piccolos

Comments

MB Shaw said…
Oh I am living vicariously now.......Tommy's is just around the corner from my old studio. And the Marin Headlands have to be one of my favorite places in the entire world. Your photos are beautiful.
Just soak it in.......enjoy.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames