Concerts, Royalty and Old Friends

This is a great photo which I have listed on ebay. A pic of the Prince of Wales who became King Edward VIII who had to abdicate the throne in order to marry his love, divorcee Wallis Simpson. If you enjoy biographies, Wallis and Edward: Letters 1931-1937, is a good read about their love affair and relationship. I have been fascinated by royalty and have read assorted biographies over the years. Henry VIII, Anne Boleyn, ET. AL. I recently finished one on Jenny Churchill, Winston's mother.

This photo is interesting as it shows the Prince in a canoe on Waikiki Beach, Honolulu Hawaii, in 1920, and he is surrounded by a few photographers trying to get THE photo. This photographer got a great shot.

Last night's concert at the Bearsville Theater was fabulous. Dar Williams is a lively and fantastic performer who serenaded us for almost 3 hours. She did an acoustic set alone on stage for the first part, then bought out her band for the second set. They were both filming and recording the show, and she had done another concert the night before which I wish I had attended as it was a totally different set of music (save for one song that she did both nights). Songwriter and singer Jules Shear got up on stage for a song as he was in the audience to hear her sing.

We had great seats in the front of the balcony, enjoyed a few drinks, and three hours of heartfelt music that touched the hearts of many. It was a great way to end a day of hard work around the house.

It is late, and I will save my other ramblings for tomorrow. An old friend dropped in whom I had not see in two years, so we had dinner together and caught up on our lives in a few hours, so I ran out of time to write!

Till tomorrow, Patti

Comments

suzi finer said…
I'm just so happy with your blog's title!
Love.

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames