Word of the Day

I subscribe to the dictionary.com's WORD OF THE DAY. I love getting a new word each day, seeing if I know it, and if I don't, trying to figure out how I would use it in a sentence, in my classroom, or like today, in my blog.

Some words roll so easily over my tongue and bring to mind creativity and light. Bri-colage. Empyrean. Pastiche. Then there are those words that lurk and hang on the tongue like black strap molasses....furtive, moil,impugn.

Today's word was disconsolate. Synonyms: bad, black, cheerless, cold, comfortless, cracked up, crestfallen, crushed, cut up, dark, dejected, depressed, desolate, despairing, destroyed, dispirited, distressed, doleful, down, downcast, downhearted, dreary, forlorn, gloomy, grief-stricken, heartbroken, hopeless, hurting, in pain*, inconsolable, low, melancholy, miserable, put away, ripped*, sad, somber, sorrowful, torn up, woebegone, woeful, wretched. Well, after reading that, if I was not disconsolate before I read it, I certainly was now!!! AND, the readership of my blog has dropped as of late, which made me even MORE disconsolate!!!!!

Well, I am going to take my disconsolate ass upstairs. Maybe I can reach a euphoric state in my dreams, and tomorrow is a new day and a new word!!!!!!

Gotta love those words, Patti

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

La Cucina

Cape Painting

Framing: Sources for Frames